top of page

1898
WABASHA, MINNESOTA
St. Elizabeth's Hospital
On June 21, 1898, three siters were moved from Menomonie to Wabasha to open St. Elizabeth's Hospital on the banks of the Mississippi River. The first wooden building consisted of only nine rooms, insufficient to accommodate patients and provide a decent home for the community. Soon, therefore, an adjacent apartment was purchased for the sisters' residence and adapted to their needs. In 1907, the building was renovated expanded, and new supplies were provided for the hospital. In 1926, some maternity wards were finally added.
bottom of page

