top of page

1925

ROME

Mother House, Via Paolo III

APPROFONDIMENTI02.jpg

On April 2, 1923, the Vicar General of Rome received the project for the construction of the convent and the chapel on Via Paolo III. This occurred after the purchase, of a plot of land near the Vatican in 1920. Msgr. Vogel organized the construction work and, at the conclusion of the work on February 11, 1925, many sisters who lived in Borgo S. Spirito 41 moved to the new Mother House. The convent and the chapel were solemnly blessed by Cardinal Frahwirt. Statues and Stations of the Cross were commissioned in Ortisei, Tyrol, and sculpted by the artist Ferdinand Stufleser. A larger chapel was solemnly consecrated on March 18, 1933.

© 2020 Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother Third Order Regular of St. Francis of Assisi

GENERAL ARCHIVES - ROME

bottom of page